Ragweed and other fall allergens are in the air in Roanoke. Add dust, fine particles and pet dander and you have an allergy spree every time your HVAC cycles on.
That’s because your air ducts are dirty. It’s high time to get your ducts cleaned before your Roanoke home gets sealed up for winter, and Southern Trust experts will do the job right the first time.
Here are five reasons to get your ducts cleaned this fall:
- Yuck factors: The average home produces about 40 pounds of dust each year. That includes dust mites and other insects, pet dander and dead skin cells. Yuck. A lot of it ends up in your home’s ductwork.
- Spewage: Every time your HVAC system cycles on (generally five to seven times a day), this nasty brew is spewed into your home. This leads to even further buildup of dust.
- A fungus among us: Dirty ducts are breeding grounds for mold, fungus and mildew. They are potent allergens, even for people who usually don’t experience seasonal allergies of any kind. In fact, they downright damage respiratory health.
- When dirty ducts attack: If someone in your family has asthma or another chronic respiratory disease, duct-borne irritants and allergens can trigger asthma attacks or worsen other symptoms. This can lead to an expensive and time-consuming trip to the ER for care. If an asthma attack is left unchecked, it can be fatal.
- Can you smell that smell? The cumulative buildup of pet dander, dust, pollen and mold in ducts can generate foul smells. And you thought a litter box was bad. Unsavory odors can make a home seem dirty, even if the cause is only lurking in the ductwork.
If these facts don’t compel you to call us about a duct cleaning (we have a $49 duct inspection coupon) for your Roanoke home, frankly, we don’t know what will.
Contact Southern Trust today to get your ducts cleaned to keep your Roanoke family breathing easy and your home allergen-free.