- 1. Burning smell. If you notice a burning smell coming from your outlets or see a burn mark, stop using that outlet immediately and call a professional electrician to assess the problem. This could mean wiring in the outlet is exposed or overloaded.
- 2. Circuit breaker strip frequently. If you experience power outages caused by a tripped circuit breaker, this is a good indication that the breaker can’t manage the current electrical load. You could have a short, a ground overload or an excess of current.
- 3. Flickering lights. If one of your home office lights flickers dramatically, this could be caused by the low voltage wiring seen in a lot of older homes. Bringing your wiring up to code should correct this issue.
- 4. Sparks or warm outlets. If you see sparks when you plug in some of your electronic equipment or your outlets feel warm to the touch after use, chances are your wiring isn’t up to the electrical challenge.
- 5. Inconsistency in grounded outlets. If some of your outlets are grounded and others aren’t, you could experience a variety of tricky –and dangerous –electrical issues. Ungrounded outlets can cause arcing sparks and an electrical charge that can spawn a house fire along the walls.
Call us today at (540) 264-3890 to make sure your wiring is up to code and can handle the additional stress your home office can put on your house’s electrical system. No more worries about weekend breakdowns! Southern Trust Home Services is now open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays at no additional charge to the customer, and we will still be there for all your after-hours, night and holiday needs. We have trucks ready and on stand-by so we’re always available when you need us. To schedule an appointment, call us at (540) 264-3890 or visit https://www.southerntrusthomeservices.com/.