- Change your HVAC filter. If you haven’t changed your filter in a while, it may be time to do it. Your filter should be changed regularly to keep your air clean and your heating system running efficiently.
- Have an Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) assessment. Companies like Southern Trust offer IAQ assessments and will consult with you about the results and the solutions.
- Clean your ductwork. If your home is more than 10 years old and has never had the ductwork cleaned, it might be time to consider having it done. You should also look for leaks and damage to make sure pollutants aren’t entering your system where they can’t be filtered out.
- Buy some indoor plants. As we all should remember from sixth-grade science class, plants release oxygen during the process of photosynthesis. So, when you decorate your home with our green, leafy friends, you help pump more fresh oxygen into your home’s air.
- Use kitchen vents. When we cook, byproducts like grease, spices, fume and smoke are released into the air. Grease, especially, can trap other pollutants like flypaper and cause them to hang in the air much longer.
- Control the humidity in your home. If you have too much humidity, you will experience water stains on the walls and ceiling and spur the growth of mold or mildew. Too little humidity can spark nose bleeds and damage furniture and wallpaper. Try using dehumidifiers or humidifiers to keep your home’s humidity between 35 and 50%.
No more worries about weekend breakdowns! Southern Trust Home Services is now open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays at no additional charge to the customer, and we will still be there for all your after-hours, night and holiday needs. We have trucks ready and on stand-by so we’re always available when you need us. To schedule an appointment, call us at (540) 264-3890 or visit https://www.southerntrusthomeservices.com/.