We’ve all experienced that sinking feeling: You’re ready to take a relaxing shower only to see that your tub is backed up with a smelly sludge that won’t go down. While this could simply be a sign that your tub drain is clogged, it could also be a symptom of a buildup of tree roots or waste or a damaged pipe in your home’s main drain. Here are some critical signs that you may need to call in a professional plumber to assess your home’s sewer lines:
- All your fixtures are clogged or draining slowly. When the main drain is clogged, it affects the entire home. So, if you flush your toilet and it ends up in your bathtub, it may be time to call a plumber.
- You plunge as much as you flush. While we all have to plunge a sink or the toilet occasionally, if you’re having to do it several times a week, you might be experiencing an issue in your main sewer lines.
- Your pipes are gurgling. If you hear gurgling in the sink when you turn on the washing machine or the toilet bubbles when you run the dish washer, it could be a sign that your home’s plumbing system is having a hard time draining excess water.
- Your drains stink. Another tell-tale sign of a sewer main backup is that the smell of waste or foul water wafts up from the plumbing system and out of your sink drains. It’s not uncommon to have the occasional odor after a messy washdown, but if the smell persists, it could be a sewer line backup.
- You see waste in your yard. If you notice an overly green area of your yard or, worse, you see toilet paper and other smelly messes in your yard, chances are you’ve had a main drain break.
So, if you’re experiencing some or all of these systems, it may be time to give your Roanoke plumbing professionals at Southern Trust Home Services a call. We’ve been taking care of southwest Virginia’s sewer lines for more than 25 years and offer a full complement of drain cleaning and repair services. Not only can we find your problem with the help of a camera line inspection, we also offer rooter and hydro-jetting services to remove the clog and trenchless repair if you need new pipes. If your bathtub is filling up or your yard is full of waste, don’t hesitate to call us today at (540) 228-9287 to schedule a consultation.
No more worries about weekend breakdowns! Southern Trust Home Services is now open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays at no additional charge to the customer, and we will still be there for all your after-hours, night and holiday needs. We have trucks ready and on stand-by so we’re always available when you need us. To schedule an appointment, call us at (540) 228-9287 or visit https://www.southerntrusthomeservices.com/.