5 Reasons You Need an AC Tune-up
Right now, spring temperatures are comfortable for most Roanokers, but it won’t be long until the weather turns hotter and more humid, even at night.
As our summers continue to get muggier, it’s not a good idea to risk having your air conditioner break down during a sweltering heatwave. And, with the cost of energy continuing to skyrocket, having an AC unit that isn’t very energy efficient could cost you thousands of dollars over the course of a summer season.
Your Roanoke cooling experts at Southern Trust Home Services offer you five reasons why you should schedule a tune-up for your air conditioning system this month. These include:
- Maintaining your safety. Severe heat is dangerous. Not only can it cause humans to suffer with heat exhaustion or heat stroke, it can be deadly. If your air conditioning breaks down during a heatwave, you risk serious health problems.
- Increasing your energy efficiency. Most people know that having their vehicles serviced and the oil changed regularly improves their gas mileage. The same is true of your AC unit. Ensuring that worn parts are replaced and the unit and its filters are clean can save you up to 15% on your monthly energy bills.
- Enhancing your indoor air quality (IAQ). If you are prone to allergies or have asthma, having a yearly air conditioning tune-up will also help you improve your IAQ. Keeping your AC free of dust and in good condition will help you and your family breathe cleaner air.
- Lengthening your AC’s lifespan. Just like yearly checkups help humans discover issues that could cause them complications as they age, a yearly HVAC tune-up also identifies future problems. Taking a proactive approach and fixing issues before they fester adds years to your AC unit’s life.
- Improving your return on investment. Having your AC unit regularly inspected also adds value to your home. Since most home buyers list having a good HVAC unit as one of their top priorities when purchasing a home, you can improve your chances of selling it if you show your maintenance records.
And spring is the best time to call in the cooling professionals to inspect your AC unit. Keeping your home comfortable this summer should be at or near the top of your seasonal to-do list.
If you need AC maintenance or repair, give Southern Trust a call at (540) 228-9287 to speak to one of our representatives and stay cool this summer.
No more worries about weekend breakdowns! Southern Trust Home Services is now open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays at no additional charge to the customer, and we will still be there for all your after-hours, night and holiday needs. We have trucks ready and on stand-by so we’re always available when you need us. To schedule an appointment, call us at (540) 228-9287 or visit https://www.southerntrusthomeservices.com/.