Forget April showers. It’s already been a soggy year for much of the South. The Roanoke area is no exception.
Record rainfall in recent years has been an object lesson in the importance of protecting your Roanoke home from flooding. Taking precautions now to prevent water damage can save a great deal of money spent on repairs and remediation down the road.
The first line of defense against flooding is installing a sump pump in the basement of your home. They can help protect basements from flooding during heavy rains. It’s important to have a way to remove water before it collects in the basement and causes expensive damage, leading to unhealthy mold and mildew growth.
If you’re unsure what kind of sump pump is best suited for your home, give the experts at Southern Trust a call. We’ll help you find the most cost-effective sump pump solution and install it quickly and conveniently.
Protecting your home
Roanoke homeowners can take other simple steps to help protect their homes from water infiltration. A little maintenance can go a long away to preventing flooding:
- Clean gutters. Regularly remove debris and leaves to allow for proper water flow.
- Slope soil away from the foundation of your house to prevent pooling water.
- Seal windows and cracks in walls, floors, and the foundation of the home.
If your home does flood because of heavy rainfall or a burst pipe, it’s vital to start cleaning up water immediately to prevent further damage:
- Remove wet or damaged items and belongings from the room.
- Use a wet-dry vacuum to remove standing water.
- Speed up drying with fans and dehumidifiers.
If flooding is a concern for Roanoke homeowners, the experts at Southern Trust are ready to assist. Whether your need to install or replace a sump pump, contact us today at 540-685-0106 or via our website.