If your plumbing trouble extends beyond your house, we may have to sink to new lows.
Sometimes slow-draining toilets and sinks are symptoms of a major plumbing issue in a Roanoke home, not just minor problems. They can mean your main sewer line needs maintenance.
Potential issues run the gamut, from roots intruding into your sewer line, or clogs of debris and grease. You may have a leak, or your sewer line has aged beyond its effective use. We can dispatch our expert technicians with video cameras to determine the extent of your property’s sewer line issue. There are several tell-tale signs it may be time to call Southern Trust for sewer line inspection and maintenance:
- Sewage backup: This is the most dramatic sign you may have a sewer line issue. Raw sewage will come spewing through your toilet or sink drains.
- Stopped-up drains: If water drains slowly, or not at all, from various drains in your home, it could be a sign your line is clogged.
- Odors: Foul smells emanating from your drains indicate that sewage is not draining adequately from your home.
- Lush lawns: Especially robust patches of grass or squishy soil in your yard can be a sign of sewer trouble.
- Gurgling: If you hear consistent gurgling each time you flush a toilet or drain a bath, that’s also a red flag.
- Shifting foundations: In another dramatic manifestation of a sewer line issue, your home’s foundation may actually shift, causing cracks in bricks, flooring or ceiling.
- Mold or mildew: This is another disgusting and unhealthy sign of a sewer issue. Bacteria and moisture from clogged lines can contribute to mold and mildew growth.
If you suspect a sewer line issue, don’t delay. Contact Southern Trust today to get it flowing again.